Tina & David
Wow, it's been awhile...

I'm really excited this year about our patio garden, I started some seeds about a week ago and already the garden beans and cucumbers are ready for transplanting. It's still too cold to leave them outside but what a start, compared to last year!



The tall one's in the back are "garden beans" which are like string beans without the strings. Just in front of those are the cucumbers.


This little guy is a green pepper, this is a new one for us, I'm really excited to see how it does.

Also just after my last blog, I experimented with grinding my own beef. It was way cool! I can grind my own for about 1.50 a pound, thats way cheaper than I've found in the grocery store. And I get to use my kitchen aid for something other than fattening cookies/brownies! Amy - I know what you're thinking, but really it's easy and it only took me 30 minutes start to finish. If you feel like trying it, you can use any cut of beef that's inexpensive, you'll want it to have a little fat, cut it into strips and feed it into the grinder attachment. I ran mine through twice just to make sure everything was nicely blended. I'll take pictures when I do it again this weekend. :)
Labels: edit post
1 Response
  1. I wonder what is in that first row that hasn't quite sprouted? HMMMMMMMMMMM Well that's it for me. Now AMy wants to comment. A $1.50 / lb. For that price, I may just try it. I am not sure if my kitchen aid has the grinder attachment though. I need to check. I am so happy that you finally posted something.


Post a Comment