Okay, so I finally got around to grinding all the meat that was clogging my refrigerator. Here's the step-by-step.
I started with bottom round roast, bought at the commissary for 1.30/lb. I cut it into strips that would fit into the grinder chute.

Next I fed the strips into the chute at the top of the processor.

The result from the first grind -

To get a better mix, and make sure the fat is more evenly distributed (you want your meat to have a little fat) run it through a second time. This will take a little longer than feeding the strips in because you actually have to use the plunger to push the ground meat down the chute. The final product -

As for the time constraints, I processed about 12lbs this morning and it took about an hour and a half. I used the coarse grinding plate that came with the grinder.
I figure if I'm saving at least $2/lb, it'll take me 20 lbs of grinding my own to break even with the price of the attachment.
I started with bottom round roast, bought at the commissary for 1.30/lb. I cut it into strips that would fit into the grinder chute.

Next I fed the strips into the chute at the top of the processor.

The result from the first grind -

To get a better mix, and make sure the fat is more evenly distributed (you want your meat to have a little fat) run it through a second time. This will take a little longer than feeding the strips in because you actually have to use the plunger to push the ground meat down the chute. The final product -

As for the time constraints, I processed about 12lbs this morning and it took about an hour and a half. I used the coarse grinding plate that came with the grinder.
I figure if I'm saving at least $2/lb, it'll take me 20 lbs of grinding my own to break even with the price of the attachment.


That is some good looking meat. I am not sure what else to say about it. We don't have the attachment so we will have to look into purchasing it. Next Thanksgiving, we can make turkey burgers. GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE.
mmmm turkey burgers... great idea!